Thursday, December 10, 2009

PhotoShop is Phun

A local tile store wanted to place an ad in this high-end glossy magazine. The problem was they are more than just your average tile store. This place has tiles that light-up! And they can create awesome mosaics and other fabulous decorative designs in tile. As I said, not your average tile store. My task was to create an ad that would highlight the unusual nature of this business yet fit in with this upscale magazine.


First I found this stock photo image. This gave me an idea. I began searching...


...and found this stock photo image. Perfect! This is exactly what I had in mind. Well, maybe I didn't expect the polka dots, but I like 'em.


I combined them to make this awesome photo composite image using Adobe PhotoShop! I illustrated in some drop shadows, elongated the legs a little and added some sparkling rubies to the shoes.


The final add looked like this! If the Lollipop Guild need someone to lay down a new yellow brick road, this ad tells them Valerie is just the one to create something amazing enough for the land of Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment